Today we had our IUI#2 follow up appointment. If it had worked today would have been our first beta test, but since it didn’t we just met with our RE in his office. R came with me today, and I’m really glad he did. I feel like today was the most thorough conversation we’ve ever had with our RE. He suggested we move onto IUI with injectables or IVF. Since we switched insurance, and as soon as our deductible has been met (not too much longer) 70% of IUI’s will be paid for we’ve decided to stick with our original plan of several more IUI’s before considering alternative options. When the RE started going into the risks of triplets or more with injectables could feel R’s anxiety. He was literally squirming in his seat, lol. Needless to say we will not be moving onto injectables, at least not at this time. Of course our RE wasn’t able to give us any guarantees, but he did tell us it was just a matter of time before we were pregnant using IUI with Clomid. If we do enough of them we WILL get pregnant, it just might take some time. This was so comforting to hear. I just need to remind myself of this from time to time. Today was a good day.
I stopped taking my progesterone suppositories yesterday, and AF will show up any day now. Between CD 1-5 RE wants me to come in for an ultrasound to check for cysts. If I’m cyst free we’ll start IUI#3 this cycle, if I do have a cyst we will have to sit this cycle out. I need to try not to get my hopes up so high this time. It may take several more IUI’s before we’re successful and I need to hang in there, but we WILL get there!!
Thank you for your kind words, thoughts & prayers over the last several days, and always. The support means so much and really helps me through the tough times.