Since I’ve been doing BeachBody workouts on and off for 2 years now I’ve often heard of Shakeology, how good it tastes, and how good it is for you. So after receiving a free sample of chocolate Shakeology last week and LOVING it, I decided to finally order it for myself. And since they were having a special including a bag of Shakeology + the 3-Day Refresh (for just $20 more than it would cost for Shakeology alone) I decided to give it a go too. Let me tell you, I was very pleased with the results of the 3-day refresh.
Results: I lost 3.6 lbs, 2 inches from my waist, 1 inch from my hips, and 0.5 inches from my arms.
How did I feel?
- Day 1: Pretty normal. Not STARVING. Workout went just fine. Slight headache, but I think it was from my lack of caffeine. It’s recommended to stay away from coffee during the refresh, and I may just give it up for good now. I don’t miss it.
- Day 2: Still pretty normal. Not STARVING. Workout went just fine. Lots of gas (later in the day).
- Day 3: Normal throughout the day. Not STARVING. Was a little sluggish during my workout, had to keep running to the bathroom….not diarrhea, just lots of small BM’s, and lots of gas.
- The day after, I feel like normal…..only a little lighter, the gas is gone. Now the object of the game is to keep my portions regulated and continue to drink a ton of water.
Would I recommend this product?
Yes! It was a great 3 day cleanse that didn’t have me starving, and helped me work on portion control. BeachBody says you can do the cleanse as often as once a month, but that seems a bit excessive (and expensive) to me….but I could see myself doing this every 3-4 months just to help clean things up a bit.
What is the Shakeology 3-Day Refresh: It’s a program designed to help you get ready to make a clean break from bad habits, jump-start a healthier lifestyle, and see real weight loss in three days without starving yourself. For 3 days you follow a program of 3 shakes a day, a fiber drink, plenty of filtered water, plus fresh fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats throughout the day to help keep your energy and metabolism going….around 900 calories per day, depending on what you select as your snacks & dinner. The refresh is vegetarian and gluten free.
- Breakfast: Shakeology with a fruit option (list is in the book)
My preference was to blend my Shakeology with 1/2 of a frozen banana and water (no milk/dairy on the cleanse). Don’t get me wrong, Shakeology shakes are MUCH better when blended with milk/almond milk, but still pretty tasty with just water.
(when I get bananas from the grocery store I peel them, cut them in 1/2, then store them in a ziplock bag in the freezer…makes it super convenient for shakes b/c you don’t need ice if the banana is frozen. Plus the banana can’t go bad if it’s in the freezer)
- Mid-Morning: Fiber Sweep
Not going to sugar coat it, it tastes terrible. I put it in my blender bottle and mixed it with 10 oz COLD water then chugged it. The texture was terrible, and there was no way I could have gotten through this part sipping it.
- Lunch: Vanilla Fresh plus fruit option. One vegetable option. One healthy fats option.
Not as tasty as the “regular” Shakeology, but not bad, kind of just tasted a little diluted. Same with the other shake, I prefered to blend this with 1/2 frozen banana. The banana makes it much creamier and tastier.
- Afternoon Snack: Fruit, vegetable or juice option.
- Dinner: Vanilla Fresh. Dinner recipe.
My favorite was to make a veggie stir-fry with EVOO, onions, red pepper, and green pepper. Then I would have my shake as “dessert” blended with 1/2 frozen banana.