The One Lovely Blog Award is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers. It’s designed to promote up-and-coming blogs, and to highlight those blogs that are thought to be “lovely” by the person nominating them. I was nominated by not 1, but 6 fellow bloggers for this award (wannabemama, coalescedreverie, Hello my name is Tubeless, Plan B Chronicles, Planting Beans, and Awaiting Autumn), and I am truly honored. THANK YOU for the nominations, and taking the time to read my blog and get to know me. Your support and friendship throughout this journey have meant so much to me. Infertility can feel so isolating at times, which is one of the original reasons I started blogging….and I’m so glad I did, because I have been able to connect with so many others going through very similar experiences.
The criteria for accepting the One Lovely Blog Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post (or elsewhere on your blog).
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate some other blogs to receive the award — blogs that you admire for sharing stories in a “lovely” way.
Seven Random Facts about Me
- I love karaoke, and actually have 2 machines of my own.
- Every year around October/November I “make” (and I say make because he definitely wouldn’t do this voluntarily) my husband take Christmas pictures for our Christmas cards. We usually have a photographer come out to the house because I like to include the dogs in the pictures too. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays! I always order a Christmas photo frame from Exposures for our yearly pictures….and put them all out as a decoration. It’s kind of boring right now, this will be our 6th married Christmas together….and the only changes so far have been that I’ve gradually gained weight each year….but I hope to soon be able to add a baby bump/baby to those pictures. It’ll be fun 10 years from now to be able to look back at each of our Christmas pictures together.
- I am fairly handy around the house. Just this year our AC unit was leaking, so between google & a co-worker I decided that there was just sediment in the line and it needed to be blown out….so I did, and it was fixed!! Also a few months ago the toilet in our basement bathroom was leaking from the bowl…..so I bought a replacement kit from Lowe’s and replaced the seal….problem solved!
- When I was in third grade my younger sister was in 1st grade, our parents took in two brothers as foster kids for around a year. It was one of the hardest years for me in school. I don’t know if it was third grade in particular, or the fact that the boys needed so much attention….but now, looking back I really admire my parents for doing so. It was very generous of them to give their time/money/energy to those two boys….who really needed it.
- I’m an iPhone person. I got my first iPhone in 2009 (the 3?) and never looked back!
- I sleep with a sleep mask. My husband is one of those people that “needs” to sleep with the TV on (he remembers the sleep timer about 30% of the time), and I was NOT that kind of person. I think it has something to do with the fact that I wear contacts/glasses. Growing up I always took my glasses off, then turned the TV off before bed. At first, when we first started dating, it didn’t bother me too much…..but then I started sleeping with a sleep mask and it made everything so much better. It blocks out all of the light, and just relaxes me…I love it now, and even travel with it.
- My first car (in 2002) was a white 1997 Ford Escort
My Nominations (in no particular order)
If you’re not already following these blogs you should go do so RIGHT NOW!! They’re all incredible people with incredible stories, and have been so supportive to me throughout my journey! While this list is not exhaustive, I admire these people/blogs:
- Waiting for Baby Bird
- Our Greatest Desire
- My Cheap Version of Therapy
- My Crazy Beautiful Life
- Future Dance Mom
- Jen’s Anchor of Hope
- Unnaturally Knocked Up
- A Calm Persistence