Ectopic update

This morning I had another follow up appointment with my RE. I had another ultrasound and he said everything was looking good….no cysts and no fluid, both good signs. I also had more blood work done including a CBC (complete blood count), another HCG beta draw, a comprehensive metabolic panel, and AST (SGOT)….not sure what that one is for. After the ultrasound & blood work I went into my RE’s office and we chatted about what comes next.

readytomoveonSo far my HCG levels have been dropping since my methotrexate shot on September 15th, but not at the rate that they generally like to see. For now, since I’m having no pain my RE doesn’t think it’s necessary to administer another shot of methotrexate, but if for some reason my levels start to level off and stop dropping we will have to do another at that point. He said he would call me this afternoon with today’s results and tell me when he needed me to come back in for another blood draw. I’m just so ready for this to be OVER so we can move on…’s such a long drawn out process….but I still probably have a few more weeks until my HCG returns to 0….on Monday it was at 1,290. Continue reading



Everyone I’ve talked to said I will need several months to recover and heal from our loss….but everything in me just wants to keep pushing forward NOW! Maybe I’m not the “normal”, or maybe the real grief hasn’t hit me yet….but I’m not that sad anymore. I was sad for a few days….REALLY sad, but I don’t feel too bad now. I just hate that I have to wait three whole months before we can try again.  Continue reading

Best possible outcome

finallysomegoodnewsI had another blood draw this morning, my poor arms are starting to get all bruised up. My levels on Sunday hadn’t come down very much from the previous test, so if today’s blood draw hadn’t come down by at least 376.8 I was going to be sent back to the ER for another shot of Methotrexate….NOT GOOD. Continue reading

4 days post methotrexate

I had an appointment yesterday for more bloodwork and I briefly met with my RE, since he was on vacation while I was going through my ectopic he just wanted to check in with me. He called me last night with the results from my blood test, and seemed pretty concerned. My HCG had gone up to 2,632. Apparently it’s pretty common for the first blood draw to go up, what’s really important is the drop between day 4 & 7. But he was surprised to have seen it go so much higher, so he scheduled another appointment for me Monday morning. So I have to go back to the hospital on Sunday for more bloodwork, then to another appointment Monday where he’ll do another ultrasound. I guess at that point I may have to have another shot of methotrexate….time will tell.

Continue reading

The beginning of the end

IMG_7872-1One week ago I was blissfully pregnant. I was pinning nursery ideas, thinking about weekly bumpdate pictures, purchasing belly butter, and fantasizing about what our baby would look like. I was just ecstatic that our infertility journey was over and I was finally pregnant!! Now I sit in the lobby of the emergency room waiting for my methotrexate shot to rid my body of this pregnancy. Continue reading


IMG_7885I had another beta this morning and it barely rose at all from Friday’s test. I don’t know if this means I will miscarry on my own or if it indicates ectopic, but I know it’s not good news. This is definitely not a viable pregnancy at this point. Hoping to have more definitive answers after tomorrow’s ultrasound.

Continue reading

Still in limbo


This morning I had more bloodwork and another ultrasound. Unfortunately my RE is on vacation Today-Tuesday so I met with another doctor in the practice. My HCG this morning was 1,223….so it’s still going up, but not doubling properly (which isn’t good). Next I had my ultrasound. They didn’t see anything in my uterus or my tubes so they’re still not 100% sure what’s going on. After my ultrasound I met with the doctor. He said at this point we should have seen SOMETHING on the ultrasound, even if it was just a sac, so since we’re not seeing anything it is a huge red flag. He thinks it is a tubal pregnancy or an abnormal pregnancy that needs to be terminated. He said it was completely my decision what to do at this point but I got the impression he wanted me to go ahead and do the shot of methotrexate and get rid of the pregnancy today, but I just couldn’t do it.

Continue reading

Things are not looking good


I just got a call from my RE’s office, my beta from yesterday was 882….it should have been 1,250 or higher, which is a HUGE RED FLAG. I’m scheduled for another beta tomorrow morning and another ultrasound. My RE said this is looking more and more like an ectopic pregnancy, but we’ll know more tomorrow.


Possible ectopic

We had our first ultrasound this afternoon and it didn’t go like we thought it would, there was no sac. It still could be a bit early, so they had me do ANOTHER beta test. My HCG should be around 1,106 today (it is suppose to double every 48 hours), which would make it around 2,212 on Friday. My RE said he would call me with today’s results tomorrow morning and talk about what’s next. He said once your HCG reaches 2,000 you should definitely see a sac, and if we don’t it is likely this is an ectopic pregnancy (when the fertilized egg implants in one of the fallopian tubes instead of the uterus). Nothing is for certain yet, but by Friday we should have some answers. Continue reading