I had my first acupuncture session today, and I must say I loved it! I really liked the acupuncturist, we vibed really well. I had already filled out a bunch of paperwork pertaining to my medical history prior to arriving, and we went over that first. She asked me lots of questions about infertility and depression. When she learned that we had male factor infertility she said that she could treat my husband too, lol….well I told her to rest assured that wouldn’t happen. Maybe I’m wrong, but I just don’t see my husband going for an acupuncture appointment….he thinks it’s kinda crazy. I told her how technically I was still “pregnant” and was trying to pass the baby now, and told her about the methotrexate. Continue reading
I had an appointment yesterday for more bloodwork and I briefly met with my RE, since he was on vacation while I was going through my ectopic he just wanted to check in with me. He called me last night with the results from my blood test, and seemed pretty concerned. My HCG had gone up to 2,632. Apparently it’s pretty common for the first blood draw to go up, what’s really important is the drop between day 4 & 7. But he was surprised to have seen it go so much higher, so he scheduled another appointment for me Monday morning. So I have to go back to the hospital on Sunday for more bloodwork, then to another appointment Monday where he’ll do another ultrasound. I guess at that point I may have to have another shot of methotrexate….time will tell.
Since we’re currently on a forced break from TTC because of the methotrexate I’ve decided to try a few different things over the next few months including acupuncture, essential oils, 10,000 steps, packing my lunch, and more “me time”. I look forward to reconnecting with myself and what makes me happy over the next few months. I hope that this break is very helpful to my husband and I as we heal (physically and emotionally) and prepare to TTC again.
One week ago I was blissfully pregnant. I was pinning nursery ideas, thinking about weekly bumpdate pictures, purchasing belly butter, and fantasizing about what our baby would look like. I was just ecstatic that our infertility journey was over and I was finally pregnant!! Now I sit in the lobby of the emergency room waiting for my methotrexate shot to rid my body of this pregnancy. Continue reading
I had another beta this morning and it barely rose at all from Friday’s test. I don’t know if this means I will miscarry on my own or if it indicates ectopic, but I know it’s not good news. This is definitely not a viable pregnancy at this point. Hoping to have more definitive answers after tomorrow’s ultrasound.
This morning I had more bloodwork and another ultrasound. Unfortunately my RE is on vacation Today-Tuesday so I met with another doctor in the practice. My HCG this morning was 1,223….so it’s still going up, but not doubling properly (which isn’t good). Next I had my ultrasound. They didn’t see anything in my uterus or my tubes so they’re still not 100% sure what’s going on. After my ultrasound I met with the doctor. He said at this point we should have seen SOMETHING on the ultrasound, even if it was just a sac, so since we’re not seeing anything it is a huge red flag. He thinks it is a tubal pregnancy or an abnormal pregnancy that needs to be terminated. He said it was completely my decision what to do at this point but I got the impression he wanted me to go ahead and do the shot of methotrexate and get rid of the pregnancy today, but I just couldn’t do it.
I just got a call from my RE’s office, my beta from yesterday was 882….it should have been 1,250 or higher, which is a HUGE RED FLAG. I’m scheduled for another beta tomorrow morning and another ultrasound. My RE said this is looking more and more like an ectopic pregnancy, but we’ll know more tomorrow.
We had our first ultrasound this afternoon and it didn’t go like we thought it would, there was no sac. It still could be a bit early, so they had me do ANOTHER beta test. My HCG should be around 1,106 today (it is suppose to double every 48 hours), which would make it around 2,212 on Friday. My RE said he would call me with today’s results tomorrow morning and talk about what’s next. He said once your HCG reaches 2,000 you should definitely see a sac, and if we don’t it is likely this is an ectopic pregnancy (when the fertilized egg implants in one of the fallopian tubes instead of the uterus). Nothing is for certain yet, but by Friday we should have some answers. Continue reading
I was able to head into the hospital for my bloodwork before work this morning, so I didn’t even have to tell them. Since I have an appointment on Wednesday I didn’t want to have to be out this morning too. I don’t plan on telling work about my pregnancy for a few more weeks.
After the call earlier telling me my beta had gone up again for the second time, I think I had a permagrin. I have just been so happy all day! My RE called me back just a bit ago. He said out of caution he’d like to have my HCG & progesterone tested again Monday morning (my HCG should be 515 or higher by then), and scheduled my first ultrasound for next Wednesday, I will be 5 weeks, 5 days at that point. :)